Mr Robert Cox
Tel: +61 2 6201 5230
Robert is a lecturer at the University of Canberra, in the ACT in Australia, within the Faculty of Education, Science, Technology, and Mathematics.
Roberts research interests are mainly in the soft Computing area in particular the use of Soft Computing techniques in computer games. Robert also has an interest in the technology of Virtual Worlds especially those with user generated content like OpenSim and Second Life.
Robert normally teaches the following subjects:
* Introduction to Software Engineering;
* Game Programming (about 2D game programming)
* Visual and Interactive Computing (about 3D rendering)
* Virtual World Technology (about virtual worlds with user generated content)
* Soft Computing (Fuzzy Logic, Artificial Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms)
* Soft Computing (Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithms, Hybrid AI Systems and Artificial Neural Network Ensembles);
* Artificial Intelligence for Computer Strategy games; and
* Virtual worlds, for teaching, role-play and simulation.