Competitions and Awards
Each year the University of Canberra hosts a number of different competitions and awards for students of the University and the local Canberra community.
- Win a Uni Starter Pack - We're giving away three (3) starter packs worth $3,000 to help you settle in, once you've accepted an offer to study with us in Semester 1, 2019. This is just one way of saying "Welcome to UC".
- Vice-Chancellor's Poetry Prize - an international poetry prize which is administered by the International Poetry Studies Institute (IPSI), part of the Centre for Creative and Cultural Research in the Faculty of Arts and Design on behalf of the University.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Poetry Prize – aims to inspire others through poetry to consider authentic ways of presenting, preserving and reviltalising the traditional culture and heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- The Study Abroad Photo Competition for Outbound Students- Each semester returning Exchange and Faculty Led Program students submit their favourite travel photos to our Study Abroad and Exchange Photo Competition
- The Study Abroad Photo Competition for Inbound Students- Each semester inbound exchange students submit their photographs of people they met and places they went to our Study Abroad and Exchange Photo Competition
- Pitch for Funds - Pitch for Funds (P4F) is a University of Canberra competition that is designed for all researchers, including Higher Degree by Research (HDR) and Honours students, to pitch their research topic and processes in a way that attracts interest and potential funding from a 'lay audience'.
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT) - A research communication competition that challenges higher degree by research (HDR) students to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance in just three minutes in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
- Capital Region Mock Trial Competition- organised for year 11 and 12 students, the competition provides an introduction to university and law school, as well as to the legal profession.