Competitions and Awards
Each year the University of Canberra hosts a number of different competitions and awards for students of the University and the local Canberra community.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Poetry Prize – aims to inspire others through poetry to consider authentic ways of presenting, preserving and reviltalising the traditional culture and heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- The Health Promotion Prize – organised for year 11 and 12 students by the Faculty of Health. ACT and NSW students are invited to create a health promotion video that will encourage a healthier lifestyle in their local community.
- The Dean's College Design Competition - organised for year 11 and 12 students by the Faculty of Arts and Design. ACT & NSW College students are invited to submit their best Design work to compete in a range of categories and be considered for a Faculty Scholarship.
- The Study Abroad Photo Competition for Outbound Students- Each semester returning Exchange and Faculty Led Program students submit their favourite travel photos to our Study Abroad and Exchange Photo Competition
- The Study Abroad Photo Competition for Inbound Students- Each semester inbound exchange students submit their photographs of people they met and places they went to our Study Abroad and Exchange Photo Competition
- Capital Region Mock Trial Competition- organised for year 11 and 12 students, the competition provides an introduction to university and law school, as well as to the legal profession.
- Vice-Chancellor's Poetry Prize- an international poetry prize which is administered by the International Poetry Studies Institute (IPSI), part of the Centre for Creative and Cultural Research in the Faculty of Arts and Design on behalf of the University.
- UC Foundation Student Video Competition- Submit a 60 second video to one of two key themes for your chance to win a $1000 Visa gift card.